Team Leader Care
- Job Reference
- Kennington Road, Willesborough, Ashford, Kent
- Job Description
- Post Code
- TN24 0LZ
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Day shifts
- Job Copy
If you have NVQ Level 3 and proven experience of caring for older people, and are looking for a rewarding role that comes with excellent training and great opportunities for personal development, join Care UK as a Team Leader and make a real difference.
Being a Team Leader at Care UK
Team Leaders at Care UK are flexible in approach and have broad experience of caring for others and leading shifts. They’re great at building relationships and inspiring others too. Collaborating and sharing information and ideas comes naturally to them, as does using tact and diplomacy to deal with challenging situations and quickly resolving them. Their innovations help to raise standards, while their passion for what they do is second to none. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Team Leader Is about acting as a role model by leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them and completing regular staff appraisals. It’s also about taking responsibility for case managing residents and liaising with families, health care professional and other stakeholders to ensure that the best care plans are created and delivered. Working closely with nurses to develop the services we provide is an important aspect of the role too, as is administering medication and carrying out risk assessments. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Well-organised, IT literate and adept at allocating and delegating work appropriately, you have a proven ability to lead and supervise others and a good understanding of care planning processes. What’s more, you're trained, or willing to train, to administer medication and used to contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
Our highly trained and experienced team at Montfort Manor delivers full time nursing and residential care, short term respite care as well as specialist dementia care. The team at Montfort Manor get to know your loved one extremely well. In fact, we work with all your family when your loved one first joins us, getting to know every aspect of their life and personality, their interests, preferences and wishes. Then we will create care and lifestyle plans – even menus – that are personalised for them, so that they can spend each day doing the things that bring them meaning, satisfaction and a sense of independence. We believe that residents deserve the very best. That’s why Montfort Manor will have a wealth of superb facilities, from its own cafe – complete with freshly-baked cakes and speciality teas and coffees – to its own cinema and hair and beauty salon.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.