Unit Manager Care
- Job Reference
- Chelmsford, Essex
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CM2 0EP
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- 9am - 5pm
- Role Highlights
Unit Manager Care
44 hours per week
Pay: £18.76 per hour, plus excellent benefits
- Job Copy
If you have proven experience of working in a care home where you supervised teams and met regulatory requirements and are looking for a rewarding role that comes with excellent training and great opportunities for personal development, join Care UK as a Unit Manager and make a real difference.
Being a Unit Manager at Care UK
Unit Managers at Care UK are passionate about, and have experience of, caring for others, leading shifts and supervising a team. They’re great at building trust among staff and residents alike. They have the ability to delegate stretching responsibilities to develop people and believe in working collaboratively and sharing information. If issues arise, they take responsibilty for resolving them. And, when it comes to raising standards through innovation and new ideas, again, they excel. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Unit Manager isn’t just about leading a care team and promoting independence and choice for residents. It's about making sure we fully meet residents’ medical, physical and emotional needs and championing their safety and dignity. It's about taking responsibility for the admission of new residents, carrying out physical/psychological assessments and devising and implementing personalised care and therapy plans for them. And, it's about acting as the company's representative on site, promoting our image and ensuring full compliance. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
An NVQ in Health & Social Care or equivalent, proven relevant experience and knowledge of evidenced based practice are must haves. You’ll also need the ability to lead and motivate a team and maintain and enhance effective working relationships and be comfortable planning, allocating and evaluating work. Contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes and improvements to services comes naturally to you too. But, above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
We love providing high quality care which is personalised to the needs of each resident.
Opened in 2009, Manor Lodge is a very modern and attractive purpose-designed care home set just a short walk away from Chelmsford town centre in Essex.
We provide personalised nursing, residential and respite care for older people, and we have specialist expertise in supporting individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.