Home Manager, Houghton-le-Spring
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- DH4 4RB
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the highest rated and fastest growing healthcare providers in the country: delivering the highest quality of care and fulfilling lives is at the heart of what we do! Due to the success of our new build projects, we have successfully built and opened 31 new build homes over the past five years, and will be continuing that growth for years to come.
We are currently looking for an experienced, professional and highly personable Home Manager to join our Houghton-le-Spring home, Grangewood. The ideal Home Manager will be passionate and experienced in the world of healthcare; a proven manager who can confidently demonstrate effective leadership and management, putting care and residents first.
At Care UK everyone makes a difference. We like to think we have a rare culture, where we are open, honest and highly supportive of one another. We are proud to have received several awards for our commitment to delivering an outstanding level of residential and nursing care, with a real focus on engagement with residents, families and staff.
Why choose us?
- We are experts in our fields, with over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK, providing expert respite, residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people.
- Our person centred approach has seen us enjoy rapid growth, allowing us to translate this into our people development, offering exceptional career opportunities to our employees.
- We provide comprehensive training in topics such as managing business performance, systems training, leading projects and driving change
- We offer one of the best benefits packages in the market including a generous bonus, competitive pension and life assurance schemes.
- Experienced in caring for older people
- A capable and confident in leader, with the driven and interest to grow and shape a team
- Experienced in managing a successful home or services in healthcare
- Confident in your knowledge of CQC regulations
- Compassionate and capable in embedding your own culture
- Passionate about delivering first class care
- A positive leader and motivator
- Capable of hitting the ground running. From your first day you will demonstrate a clear vision of the future and will deliver added value services that make us indispensable to our residents and unequalled in our sector
- Where you'll work
Grangewood is a light and airy care home where you’ll discover a strong community atmosphere and gold standard care.
Grangewood is a purpose-built care home in the village of Shiney Row, close to Houghton-le-Spring in Tyne and Wear. We provide high quality residential and respite care for older people, including people living with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia.
We’re very proud of having been awarded Sunderland City Council’s gold standard for quality care. The awards cover a range of criteria, including offering residents a healthy, nutritious diet, delivering high standards of hygiene and health and safety, and providing a range of activities to promote residents’ all-round health and wellbeing.
When you first visit Grangewood you’ll notice the strong feeling of community presence. The majority of our residents were born in the local area and have lived here all their lives. Most of our team members, some of whom have been here since we opened in 2005, are also local. So often a new resident will move in and immediately be among old friends and familiar faces.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.