Senior Financial Accountant, Colchester
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours/week
Excellent opportunity for a qualified/newly qualified technical Accountant to join our growing and dynamic finance team at Care UK as Senior Financial Accountant.
This is a really exciting step if you are seeking to join a larger organisation and move to industry from practice to grow your career. Care UK is supportive of fulfilling careers and development whilst still experiencing growth in challenging times.
This role will deliver high quality, timely and reliable financial & management reporting and accounting support to the internal and external stakeholders of Care UK. The post-holder will, on a regular basis, liaise directly with the Group CFO and Finance Director, as well as other senior management roles.
Established 30 years ago, Care UK is one of the largest providers of residential care for older people, with over 10,000 employees and over 120 homes across UK and Scotland, delivering care to nearly 7,000 residents. Our care homes provide a range of care services, from short-term respite care to nursing and specialist dementia care. We are committed to providing excellent care and have the highest quality ratings of the five biggest care home providers.
We are growing, with an ambitious new build programme, having opened over 40 homes since 2013. We continue to grow and are building between 6 and 10 homes a year, as well as continuing to invest in our older homes.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA
- Accountancy practice background desirable in terms of accounts production/audit
- Strong technical accounting knowledge under UKGAAP (FRS102)
- IFRS knowledge would be a distinct advantage but not essential
- Experience of accounting for Groups with consolidations is highly desirable
- Comfortable with all Microsoft packages, particularly Excel
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise under pressure
- Ability to take large amounts of data and provide meaningful insight
- Flexible in approach and able to adapt to change quickly
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.