- Job Reference
- Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire
- Job Description
- Post Code
- AB13 0HR
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. Join our Hotel Services team and you’ll be playing a vital part in making residents’ lives better on a daily basis.
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
Opened in 2008, Tor-Na-Dee has a great location in Milltimber, on the outskirts of Aberdeen.
We provide residential, respite and nursing care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, physical disabilities or learning disabilities. We also offer supportive and compassionate end of life care.
Our friendly, dedicated team makes sure that each resident feels settled and that their loved ones feel welcome at all times. We support everyone to carry on doing the things that are important to them, so that they can stay as active and independent as possible. We offer residents lots of choices and always involve them in decisions about their care. And all of our activities are based around residents’ own interests and abilities.
Tor-Na-Dee is a very vibrant home – we have a beautiful countryside setting but are still very close to all that the city has to offer. We aim to be innovative in everything we do and are always looking for new ideas to bring into the home. We have an active relatives’ group – the members recently worked with a counsellor to produce the very successful 'Relatives' guide to Tor-Na-Dee’.
Maintaining the highest possible standards of care is very important to us and to help us do this, we work with the Grampian Integrated Care Pathway for Palliative Care.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.