Governance Manager, Care UK
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- Job Copy
Job Title: Governance Manager
Location: Home Based with UK Travel
Contract: One year fixed term maternity cover
Care UK is an ambitious healthcare provider with over 120 care homes across the UK. We have and continue to experience huge growth and we have an ongoing programme building and opening a number of brand new luxurious care homes each year. Care UK is an exciting place to be!
Working in team of 4 and reporting directly into Director of governance this is an interesting and challenging role where you you will be responsible for providing support and advice, to the Home Managers and Regional Directors to ensure Regulation and Legislation Compliance. Some national travel may be required, as you will regularly be supporting homes across our portfolio of 120 homes in England and Scotland.
- To provide support and advice, to the Home Managers and Regional Directors to ensure Regulation and Legislation Compliance.
- To Undertake Regulatory Audits in line with CQC or the Scottish Inspectorate and write reports with actions required.
- To work with homes to achieve and sustain contract compliance with Local Authority and Clinical Commissioning Group contracts.
- To attend safeguarding meetings and support managers in developing actions for change.
- To undertake safeguarding and serious case review investigations as instructed by the Director of Care, Quality and Governance.
- To support the Home Manager and Quality Improvement Manager following complex safeguarding/serious case review processes, developing quality improvement strategies to ensure the safety and protection of residents.
- To attend and participate at the Governance Oversight Meeting, to present on Regulatory Compliance for a group of homes, providing trend analysis for any non-compliance.
- To meet new Managers and provide guidance and support on the registration application process and Regulatory framework to ensure all registration applications are compiled and submitted in a timely manner.
- To support the new builds team with the registration application for new builds, conduct pre-registration visits, produce a report and share with CQC. Attend all CQC registration visits.
- To monitor statutory notifications and undertake follow up action, liaising with the clinical support team to ensure investigations and learnings.
- To liaise closely with Regulatory bodies in order to build effective relationships. To facilitate this and ensure any requests for information are responded to promptly
- To contribute to the ongoing development and review of local policies and procedures required for compliance.
Care UK Quality Framework
- To work with the operational teams to ensure that opportunities are maximised to achieve a fully compliant CQC/ CI rating within the relevant care homes.
- To conduct audits within timeframes established by the Quality & Governance Team
- To make recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure compliance and service excellence
- To identify and implement continuous improvement activities that ensure business objectives are met.
- To lead on compliance and quality issues improvements required to meet business objectives
- To conduct training and workshops directly to the care home employees.
- To be involved in any relevant due diligence processes, acquisitions or associated projects.
- Ensure updated mandatory training requirements are met.
- Detailed knowledge of regulatory framework
- Experience of working in a senior regional role
- Knowledge of the Care Sector in particular care home based services
- Sound understanding of quality improvement & governance and its application
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.