Assistant Cashier, Colchester
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
Finance Administrator / Assistant Cashier
Hours: Full time
You will be part of a highly productive but small team. As a strong administrator providing support to the cashiering and wider finance teams, you will ideally have experience working within a finance department and confident and competent dealing with high volumes.
Excellent communication skills are a prerequisite as the role requires maintaining positive and effective relationships with divisional and finance stakeholders, in addition to Care Home colleagues. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a high control environment, focused on reducing risk to Care UK whilst maintaining lean and effective processes. Operating in a rapidly growing environment the post holder will need to be able to welcome and actively participate in the management of change whilst demonstrating flexibility, tenacity and patience.
- To assist the cashiers with all cashiering related tasks including:
- The preparation and submitting of out of cycle payments
- To manage the remittance advices received into the team by printing these from the mailbox and logging them onto a spreadsheet maintained by the Cash and Banking team.
- Set up, monitor and maintain all Direct Debit and Standing order payments
- To assist the cashiers with maintaining the Direct Debit process
- Adding and deleting Customer Direct Debit mandates
- Producing direct debit notification letters
- Posting all direct debits payments and rejections to the finance system
- Notifying Credit Control of rejections
- The timely and accurate management of the finance responsibilities of the Residents Monies processes
- Arranging for Petty Cash replenishment requests to be passed to relevant authorisers and subsequent allocation of the petty cash top ups. Liaising with the Homes and the RCS Accounts Payable team when there are discrepancies
- Monitoring cashier mailboxes (Direct Debits, Cash and Banking & Remittances), printing remittances and Cash and Banking documents
- Producing refunds cheques to pass for authorisation and the allocation of the refund to the correct customer account on the finance system
- Arrange for the opening of the daily post and dispatching the paperwork to the relevant team members
- Arrange for cheques received to be banked on a regular basis involving a visit to the bank at least twice a week
- To assist the cashiers with the transactional management of the divisions receipt and expenditure bank accounts. To support with ensuring that all direct payments from the Bank Accounts are validated on a regular basis.
- Assisting with the administration of the deposit and suspense accounts
- Ensure all Weekly/Monthly KPI’s set both for the function and personally are achieved
- Supporting with month end related tasks to ensure all tasks are completed as per the business deadlines. This will involve a proactive approach to ensure key tasks are completed.
- Act as point of contact to care homes for all Banking related enquiries
- Provide in house training and support to Care Home colleagues
- Maintain Banking relationship contact in respect of mandates and signatories,
- Liaise with care homes and customers for supporting documentation in respect of payments received and home banking information
- Cross departmental liaison (i.e. Billing, Credit Control, Accounts Payable, Management Accounts, Payroll ) to ensure prompt visibility and communication of any issues
- Responsible for continual process and procedure reviews to ensure best practice and efficient working practices are being demonstrated
- Participate in change management programs and actively support project delivery
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and wider team
- Administrator experience, ideally within a finance team
- Good attention to detail when entering and processing data
- Comfortable with high volumes
- Ability to organise and prioritise a workload
- Strong team work skills
Care UK is a leading, innovative provider of health and social care services in the UK. The group has delivered strong organic and acquisitive growth over recent years with revenue in excess of £500m. As one of the fastest growing providers in the UK, Care UK are able to offer a hands on and proactive individual to be part of a business that really does make a difference to people’s lives.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.