Group Financial Reporting Manager, Colchester
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours/week
Salary: Competitive salary
As a pivotal member of the Finance team of the Care UK Group, the post holder will primarily be responsible for external stakeholder (banks and private equity investor) reporting and insight into the group’s results.
The post holder will also be expected to lead on matters of Group accounting policy; provide technical accounting support to the wider finance team; liaise with group auditors; and provide advice and support to senior management for decision making.
The post-holder will, on a regular basis, liaise directly with the Group CFO and Finance Director, as well as other senior management roles.
Excellent opportunity for a qualified Management Accountant to join our growing and dynamic finance team at Care UK.
Established 30 years ago, Care UK is one of the largest providers of residential care for older people, with over 10,000 employees and more than 120 homes across England and Scotland, delivering care to nearly 7,000 residents.
We are committed to providing the very best care and have earned an excellent reputation for delivering high quality residential, nursing and specialist dementia care.
We are growing, with an ambitious new build programme, having opened over 40 homes since 2013. We continue to grow and are building between 6 to 10 homes a year, as well as continuing to invest in our existing homes.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA
- Experience of external financial reporting UK GAAP, (FRS102)
- Group consolidation knowledge and reporting process experience
- Financial and management accounting in a corporate environment in a multi-site commercial business
- Experience of financial and management accounting and analysis
- Experience of working well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Project based or non-routine assignments
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand a task as well as perform it
- Commercially astute and able to review results systematically and analytically
- Ability to demonstrate an exceptional standard of numeracy and literacy
- Ability to demonstrate planning skills to manage time effectively and to meet objectives and deadlines
- Good communication skills; the ability to explain complex financial concepts to non-finance professionals; the ability to summarise complex ideas or problems in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.