Day Centre Manager
- Job Reference
- Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Job Description
- Post Code
- IP32 7BN
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Role Highlights
We have an exciting opportunity for a Day Centre Manager to join our team at Davers Court in Bury St Edmunds
Mon - Fri - 37.5 hours per week
- Job Copy
To manage the Day Care Centre, which provides activity based care for the elderly service user.
- Understand, implement and evaluate aims, objectives, policies, procedures, guidelines and principles of good practice.
- Understand and implement legislative and regulatory requirements relevant to service user group.
- Able to operate a service, which is flexible, responsive and non-discriminatory.
- Assess potential service users who may be considering attending the centre.
- Work with other professionals to develop a specialist service.
- Market the service to potential service users directly or via other agencies.
- Maintain effective communication with service users, relatives, carers and other members of the general public.
- To allocate, monitor and control financial resources.
- To create and maintain administrative systems.
- To recruit, select and supervise specialist staff. Support of a dispersed workforce is a crucial element of the management of staff.
- To plan, allocate and evaluate the workload of all staff.
- Collaborate with the Training and Development Officer to organise inductions to identify and provide for ongoing training needs, providing a positive learning environment for all staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop and maintain effective assessment and review procedures, which become the foundation for appropriate personal documentation.
- Ensure that appropriate types of intervention take place to meet service user needs and rights.
- Liaise with other agencies involved with the service user to ensure the provision of integrated services.
- Where you'll work
Davers Court care home in Bury St Edmunds provides personalised residential and nursing care to older people.
Our dedicated care team at Davers Court focuses on enabling residents to get the very most out of every day, whatever their needs and abilities.
When your loved one joins us at Davers Court we want to get to know them and your family. We then use what we’ve learned to put together a personalised care plan that will meet their individual needs. We find out what their likes and dislikes are, what food they enjoy and what hobbies and interests they have.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.