Laundry Assistant Bank
- Job Reference
- Woolmer Green, Knebworth
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SG3 6JE
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. Join our Hotel Services team and you’ll be playing a vital part in making residents’ lives better on a daily basis.
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
Our Knebworth care home is all about enjoying a superb lifestyle and quality care in beautiful surroundings.
Our experienced team provides permanent nursing and residential care, including care for people who are living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
We work closely with you and your loved one to understand their life history, skills and the people and places that are important to them. And, because we believe that life doesn’t stop when a person moves into a care home, we also find out their wishes and aims for the future. Then we create care and lifestyle plans that reflect your loved ones needs, wishes and preferences, that enable them to live each day in the way they want.
At our Knebworth care home we’re dedicated to enabling residents to enjoy rewarding activities and meaningful experiences every day. Some residents find meaning and purpose from helping out around the home, folding laundry, laying the tables for lunch, or helping out in the garden.
Our lifestyle coordinators also plan fun group and one-to-one activities tailored to residents’ hobbies and interests. We also get out and about whenever we can, to the shops, a local pub for lunch, or a stately home. However, there’s lots to keep us occupied in our beautiful home, including a pub and café, a cinema lounge and a hair and beauty salon
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.