- Job Reference
- East Grinstead, West Sussex
- Job Description
- Post Code
- RH19 4QW
- Job Copy
If you have experience in a similar role organising a varied programme of activities and you’re looking for a rewarding role that offers great training and opportunities to develop, join Care UK as a Lifestyle Lead and make a real difference.
Being a Lifestyle Lead at Care UK
Lifestyle Leads at Care UK have excellent interpersonal skills. They enjoy being part of a team and working with residents to ensure they lead fulfilling lives. They use their own initiative and share ideas with others to bring about improvements. They’re IT literate and happy to work flexibly according to the activities that have been planned. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have the perfect role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Lifestyle Lead is about creating, organising and providing a varied and appropriate programme of activities for residents. Activities based around the needs, wishes and desires of the residents we support that will enable them to live healthier, more independent and fulfilling lives. It's about liaising with residents, relatives, friends and colleagues to gain a full understanding of their likes, dislikes, interests, abilities and difficulties. It's about advertising and promoting the planned activities in a way that encourages involvement of all residents, relatives and colleagues. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Relevant experience is essential. You’ll also need the ability to build rapport, positively influence others and communicate effectively with residents to understand their needs to compile social care plans for them. You’ll be keen to learn and improve your own performance, happy to go the extra mile to support resident’s and have a ‘can-do’ approach to your work. You’ll be highly organised, able to prioritise your work effectively and and retaining information accurately. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where you’re challenged, but where every day is varied and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
Here at Mill View care home we provide a warm welcome in luxurious surroundings and the very best in care, from short respite stays, through to full time nursing and residential care.
We are also proud of our expertise in caring for people with dementia. All our care home team undertakes special experiential dementia training, developed by our own in-house experts, and this gives us real insight into what life is like for people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.