- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
Hours: Full time
Contract: Fixed Term 12 months
Salary: Depending on experience
Due to continued growth, the internal recruitment team at Care UK have an exciting opportunity to join us with a focus on our new build homes, reporting to a supportive yet flexible manager. We are opening on average 8 new residential care homes per year, and this role is integral to ensuring the success of an opening with the right staff recruited, in the right places, at the right time.
Roles you look after will be incredibly varied, from Care, Catering, Domestic and Administration staff through to Nurse and Deputy Manager roles, so your adaptability and organisation skills will be second to none.
You’ll ideally have some relevant experience/knowledge of recruitment, we are open to what this looks like whether that be from an agency background or in-house, but customer service candidates in an administrative capacity will also be considered.
The role will include liaising with hiring managers and candidates on a regular basis, therefore having strong communication skills as well as the confidence to build strong relationships is essential.
- Manage candidate relationships including response handling, reviewing and long listing candidates for the Hiring Manager
- Posting vacancies to job boards and market across various channels
- Pre screen candidates according to role suitability
- Advise, support and coach Home Managers in the correct application of recruitment and procedures
- Schedule interviews and provide feedback to candidates
Established over 35 years ago, Care UK is one of the largest providers of residential care for older people, with over 10,000 employees and over 120 homes across UK and Scotland. We are the most awarded care home provider for the last two years, with more outstanding rated homes than any other provider.*That's why we're trusted by over 6,500 families. Our care homes provide a range of care services, from short-term respite care to nursing and specialist dementia care. We are committed to providing excellent care and have the highest quality ratings of the five biggest care home providers.
We are growing, with an ambitious new build programme, having opened over 40 homes since 2013. We continue to grow and are building between six and ten homes a year, as well as continuing to invest in our older homes.
*As rated by the Care Quality Commission in England and the Care Inspectorate in Scotland.
- Resourcing / Recruitment experience preferable
- Experience in an Administrator/Customer Service roles is essential
- Ability to build effective and credible relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Creative and problem solving skills
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.