- Job Reference
- Lowestoft, Suffolk
- Job Description
- Post Code
- NR32 2NY
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Role Highlights
37.5 hours a week alternative Saturdays.
NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care is Essential.
Passion for Activity based care.
- Job Copy
To manage the Day Care Centre, which provides activity based care for the elderly service user.
- Understand, implement and evaluate aims, objectives, policies, procedures, guidelines and principles of good practice.
- Understand and implement legislative and regulatory requirements relevant to service user group.
- Able to operate a service, which is flexible, responsive and non-discriminatory.
- Assess potential service users who may be considering attending the centre.
- Work with other professionals to develop a specialist service.
- Market the service to potential service users directly or via other agencies.
- Maintain effective communication with service users, relatives, carers and other members of the general public.
- To allocate, monitor and control financial resources.
- To create and maintain administrative systems.
- To recruit, select and supervise specialist staff. Support of a dispersed workforce is a crucial element of the management of staff.
- To plan, allocate and evaluate the workload of all staff.
- Collaborate with the Training and Development Officer to organise inductions to identify and provide for ongoing training needs, providing a positive learning environment for all staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop and maintain effective assessment and review procedures, which become the foundation for appropriate personal documentation.
- Ensure that appropriate types of intervention take place to meet service user needs and rights.
- Liaise with other agencies involved with the service user to ensure the provision of integrated services.
- Where you'll work
Britten Court, Lowestoft, opened its doors in late 2014 to provide personalised residential and nursing care for older people.
Britten Court provides specialist nursing and dementia care for up to 80 residents. A day club adjacent to the home also offers day care and respite facilities for local people who live independently in their own homes.
Everything the dedicated team at Britten Court do is focused on supporting residents to enjoy a fulfilling life, whatever their needs and abilities. We work with each resident and their family to find out all we can about their life stories, interests and preferences. We then create care and activity plans that will meet and exceed their needs.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.