- Job Reference
- 123 Barnes Lane, Sarisbury Green, Southampton
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SO31 7BH
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. Join our Hotel Services team and you’ll be playing a vital part in making residents’ lives better on a daily basis.
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
Imagine the best of care delivered in stunning surroundings, where everything is tailored to your loved one’s needs and interests. When Care UK’s new Ancasta Grove care home opens on Barnes Lane in April 2021, it will offer all this and more.
Care from a passionate team
The home’s dedicated team will provide residential, nursing and dementia care on a permanent and respite basis. All our colleagues are trained to the highest standards and are passionate about getting to know every resident like a member of their own family. We will learn all about resident’s personality and life story, so that we can tailor every aspect of their care and daily life at the home to their needs, preferences and interests.
A luxurious care home
Our brand new Hampshire care home will have its own café and bar, cinema, and hair and beauty salon which residents will be able to use whenever they wish. Our landscaped gardens will be perfect for a stroll, growing fruit and vegetables, or simply for sitting and enjoying the Hampshire sunshine.
Delivering the latest in dementia care
Our colleagues will receive the latest dementia training designed by Care UK and the experts at the University of Worcester. What’s more, the home itself will be built to the latest dementia standards. It will be divided into smaller suites to create a homely atmosphere. On the dementia suite, everything from the colour scheme to the signage, lighting and furnishings will be designed to support people living with dementia.
Superb facilities, a great location, and activities galore… At Ancasta Grove there will be something for every resident to enjoy.
At Care UK our approach to care is all about supporting residents to continue enjoying a meaningful lifestyle – doing whatever brings them purpose and joy. Keeping active and engaged in everyday life has been proven to reduce falls and promote wellbeing in older people. It’s even thought to slow the development of dementia in individuals with this diagnosis.
Our new Ancasta Grove care home is in a fantastic location, between Southampton and Portsmouth, just off the M27 and close to the M3. We’re easy to find but in a charming wooded setting, close to the picturesque River Hamble.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.