Home Manager, Edinburgh
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- EH7 6TL
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the highest rated and fastest growing healthcare providers in the country: delivering the highest quality of care and fulfilling lives is at the heart of what we do! Due to the success of our new build projects, we have successfully built and opened 31 new build homes over the past five years, and will be continuing that growth for years to come.
We are currently looking for an experienced, professional and highly personable Home Manager to join our Edinburgh home, Lauder Lodge. The ideal Home Manager will be passionate and experienced in the world of healthcare; a proven manager who can confidently demonstrate effective leadership and management, putting care and residents first.
At Care UK everyone makes a difference. We like to think we have a rare culture, where we are open, honest and highly supportive of one another. We are proud to have received several awards for our commitment to delivering an outstanding level of residential and nursing care, with a real focus on engagement with residents, families and staff.
Why choose us?
- We are experts in our fields, with over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK, providing expert respite, residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people.
- Our person centred approach has seen us enjoy rapid growth, allowing us to translate this into our people development, offering exceptional career opportunities to our employees.
- We provide comprehensive training in topics such as managing business performance, systems training, leading projects and driving change
- We offer one of the best benefits packages in the market including a generous bonus, competitive pension and life assurance schemes.
- Experienced in caring for older people
- A capable and confident in leader, with the driven and interest to grow and shape a team
- Experienced in managing a successful home or services in healthcare
- Confident in your knowledge of CI regulations
- Compassionate and capable in embedding your own culture
- Passionate about delivering first class care
- A positive leader and motivator
- Capable of hitting the ground running. From your first day you will demonstrate a clear vision of the future and will deliver added value services that make us indispensable to our residents and unequalled in our sector
- Where you'll work
Our stunning, purpose built care home in Edinburgh, is dedicated to providing safe and personalised care.
The dedicated team at Lauder Lodge delivers a full range of personalised care services for older people. As well as top quality residential, nursing and respite care, we also provide expert dementia care and compassionate end of life care.
At Lauder Lodge we are uncompromising on safety and have stringent clinical protocols, including the use of PPE by our highly trained team. We ensure all high traffic areas in the home are disinfected on a regular basis and hand sanitising stations are present throughout the home to prevent the spread of infections.
Our care home in Edinburgh has been designed to support residents to continue to enjoy a comfortable, varied and fulfilling lifestyle. The home is built over three floors and features a range of lounge and dining areas, spacious activity areas and beautifully decorated private en-suite bedrooms. Within, you’ll also discover a contemporary café with a terrace offering incredible views of Arthur’s Seat, a state-of-the-art cinema room and a hair and beauty salon – perfect for enabling residents to enjoy the best care while getting the most out of every day.
Each of the rooms in our 60-bed home has an en-suite wet-room, 24-hour nurse call system, flat-screen TV and internet access.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.