- Job Reference
- Oteley Road, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SY2 6QH
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Part time or Full time
- Job Copy
If you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding job with excellent training and great opportunities, join Care UK and make a real difference.
Are you interested in gaining access to your wages as you work? Care UK has a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay and is one of the many reasons to join the Care UK family.
Care Assistants at Care UK come from all walks of life, healthcare, support work, domiciliary, hospitality, retail, education and many others. We are looking for caring people to join the Care UK team who share the same values as us: care, passion and teamwork. You will have a strong desire to help people and put the residents at the heart of everything you do.
New to Care?
We have our own Learning Academy to provide excellent training and induction programs for all new staff members, meaning we will give you all the tools and knowledge you need to have a successful career with us. Our high quality, innovative training and coaching will support the development of your skills throughout your career with us.
We see the potential in everyone, let us help fulfil yours.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay
- Award Winning Care Provider (Residential Care Provider of the Year - Health Investor Awards 2022 & more)
- Long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Concerts for Carers (apply for free tickets to concerts at a various venues)
- Competitive refer a friend bonus
- GEM Awards - we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Career development, training and access to our approved apprenticeship scheme
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Pension contribution
- Free uniform
- Access to PPE
- Weekly Covid testing
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping residents to remain as active and independent as possible
- Respecting residents’ rights of choice, privacy and dignity
- Support residents with personal care and mealtimes.
- Working as part of a team to identify residents’ unique goals and implement personalised care plans.
- Working flexibly to help residents explore new interests, engage in physical activities, and make sure they enjoy themselves in a stimulating and homely environment.
So, if you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding career, please click the apply button to speak to one of our team for more information.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers
- Where you'll work
Our beautiful Shrewsbury care home opened in January 2023 and provides individually tailored care in luxurious surroundings.
Oxbow Manor delivers permanent and short-term nursing and residential care, and specialist dementia care for up to 80 older people.
At Care UK, we believe that moving into a care home is just another part of life. Residents in our care homes enjoy fulfilling lifestyles, with a variety of activities, entertainment and outings. Care UK residents go on holiday, go skiing and flying, and help us to run our homes. Maintaining independence is all-important, so residents often take on roles – from resident ambassador to receptionist, barista to head gardener.
Each of the 80 bedrooms at Oxbow Manor will be beautifully furnished, individually decorated and have its own en-suite wet room. Our ground floor rooms will have direct access to our beautifully landscaped secure gardens. The home will also have a coffee shop, cinema room and hair and beauty salon, as well as extensive gardens and outdoor spaces.
The care home is divided into different suites – collections of bedrooms with a dining room and lounge. Creating smaller communities in the home makes it easier for residents to get to know each other, and it keeps hustle and bustle to a minimum, which helps residents who are living with dementia. Other elements of the home’s design – such as signage, lighting and colour schemes – will also promote independence for people living with dementia.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.