Finance Manager, Colchester
- Job Reference
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Job Copy
Care UKs reporting team forms part of the Finance & Commercial function, carrying out tasks including: financial reporting; management accounting; treasury and facility management; and financial control.
The Finance Managerwill have responsibility for aspects of financial reporting and control; treasury and facility management; and delivering timely and reliable reporting and insight to divisional management.
The post-holder will be a key team member and on a regular basis, liaising directly with the Executive team and Operators.
- Line Management of finance colleagues.
- To take the lead in the preparation of monthly management accounts and supporting analysis to the agreed divisional timetable, prepared in line with group accounting policy and statutory accounting standards.
- To provide variance analysis on the monthly management accounts with supporting explanations and insight.
- To ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled and reviewed on a monthly basis and that any areas requiring action are dealt with promptly.
- Responsible for managing the treasury function. Overseeing day to day cash management, forecasting, facility management, as well as reporting to the banks
- The ability to continuously and proactively develop reporting as the needs of the business develop.
- To lead budgeting / forecasting process for key line items with appropriate stakeholder engagement.
- Providing regular reporting to influence business performance and efficient cost control across the business. This will include benchmarking of care homes and service types to challenge operational management.
- To assist with the testing and enhancements of internal controls to ensure a robust control environment is maintained at all times.
- To provide financial support to operational colleagues to ensure management information is understood and queries are efficiently and effectively managed
The successful post holder will hold a ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualification and be able to demonstrate MS Excel skills that include pivot tables, lookups and ‘if’ statements. in addition will have 3+ Years PQE in a relevant finance role or in practice.
Previous experience of management accounts preparation including P&L generation and balance sheet reconciliations to tight deadlines is essential alongside previous line management experience within a relevant finance role
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.