Senior Payroll Analyst, Colchester
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
To support the end-to-end processing of the monthly payrolls for circa 11,000 employees via an outsourced payroll solution (iTrent/Midland HR). To proactively lead one of the payroll teams in a professional payroll section that works with our customer base.
- Ensure variable payroll data via time and attendance system is uploaded into the payroll system in accordance with payroll calendar
- Validate the payroll output from the time and attendance system and deal with any rejects that occur and administer the internal authorisation process.
- Calculation and processing sickness/maternity/paternity/adoption pay supporting the process where needed.
- Process and validate all manual payroll adjustments in line with the approved pay rules, ensuring exceptions are appropriately validated and approved.
- Assist with the management of the pensions processes for the defined contribution schemes that Care UK operate. This will cover all the relevant ‘auto-enrolment’ processes and the completion of monthly returns.
- Manage and approve out of cycle payments, ensuring all payments are fully recovered as soon as possible and the control account is balanced each period.
- Promptly resolve payroll queries with home administrators/managers or individual employees when required
- Process and recover overpayments, providing regular updates to management and escalating exceptions
- Assist with administration of P11ds and End of year processes.
- Provide regular (at least monthly) KPI reporting to the Assistant Payroll Manager.
- Ensure that the RCS iCommunicate weekly publication is used effectively to publish the period by period calendar of payroll events that homes need to be aware of
- Seek to find improvements to process and service, and look at supporting implementation of improvements
- Provide payroll inductions/training to new and existing staff
- Support the payroll requirements of acquisitions, mergers and integrations. Also provide support to facilitate the transfer of employees out of RCS division.
- Carry out ad hoc projects and other work within the division as and when required
Established 30 years ago, Care UK is one of the largest providers of residential care for older people, with over 10,000 employees and over 120 homes across UK and Scotland, delivering care to nearly 7,000 residents. Our care homes provide a range of care services, from short-term respite care to nursing and specialist dementia care.
We are committed to providing excellent care and have the highest quality ratings of the five biggest care home providers. Fulfilling lives is our core purpose and informs every aspect of our business. Caring, Passionate and Teamwork are the values that underpin everything we do.
We are growing, with an ambitious new build programme, having opened over 40 homes since 2013. We continue to grow and are building between 6 and 10 homes a year, as well as continuing to invest in our older homes.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.