Head of Health and Safety
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- Job Copy
Works across organisation to make sure that Care UK RCS meets its health and safety obligations to employees, residents and other users of our properties.
The Head of Health and Safety will inspire, develop and maximise the performance of a team that provides quality training and thorough and pragmatic operational advice. Responsible for shaping strategies, setting targets and identifying key priorities, you’ll make recommendations to the Care RCS Exec, H&S Group, monitor H&S performance and make sure we meet our objectives and legal and regulatory obligations.
Able to manage a budget and the production of Health & Safety reports, your wide-ranging expertise will enable you to drive improvements, build on our strong relationships with bodies such as the HSE, Fire & Rescue Services and network with teams across the business from operations and procurement to facilities. Responsible for ensuring an effective response to any incidents, you should also be able to collate and disseminate best practice and oversee the development of comprehensive, user-friendly H&S policies.
- Leadership of the Health & Safety team, setting clear expectations and objectives.
- Be responsible for development of the business H&S strategic plan and policies.
- Be responsible for building excellent relationships with key internal stakeholders driving continuous improvement in H&S performance across the business.
- Develop effective relationships with key external stakeholders such as regulatory bodies, insurers and government agencies and ensure the company reputation for excellent H&S.
- Be a source of competent advice providing the technical expertise required for the organisation
- Monitor, evaluate and review existing, new and upcoming legislation ensuring that systems and practices are in place to meet legal compliance
- Provide monthly reports to the board to review health and safety performance
- Make sure that rigorous risk assessments and accident managements systems are in place
- Work with learning and development to identify employee training needs in relation to Health and Safety
- Identifying and escalating issues to the board which present risk to the business
Experience & Skills Required:
- Be an experienced health and safety professional who ideally has experience of working within the social care sector
- Be able to demonstrate that you can develop and deliver a health and safety strategy for the business as well as having strong operational experience and have the ability to work at all levels
- Will have a strong awareness of Health and Safety Legislation applicable to the social care sector
- Ideally you will have Professional Level (Chartered) Membership of IOSH or IIRSM
- It is essential you are NEBOSH Diploma qualified or hold a Diploma in Safety Management
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.