Assistant Accounts Payable & Cashiering Manager, Colchester
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
Care UK is a leading, innovative provider of Residential care services in the UK. The group has delivered strong organic and acquisitive growth over recent years with revenue in excess of £350m.
Further growth prospects continue to be strong, and the business is well placed to take advantage of the opportunities presented to key players in the market. Consequently, the internal environment is fast paced and continually evolving, providing an excellent opportunity for individuals seeking to make a significant impact.
The Assistant Accounts Payable and Cashiering Manager is a key and multifaceted position. The individual will be responsible to support the efficient and accurate operational control of the Accounts Payable Function as well as supporting the management of the daily, weekly and monthly tasks within the Cashiering team. Success will be achieved through adopting and embracing robust financial procedure, ensuring all key deadlines are met. The role also demands assisting in the implementation of both short term and mid-term strategies through direct participation in project planning and delivery.
Excellent communication skills are a prerequisite as the role requires developing positive and effective relationships with divisional and finance stakeholders, in addition to Care Home colleagues. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a high control environment, focussed on reducing risk to Care UK whilst maintaining lean and effective processes.
- Supporting all aspects of the Accounts Payable and Cashiering function
- Ensure that all data is accurately integrated /recorded in the respective Finance systems, taking into account all company policies / procedures and compliance / audit requirements
- Provide a streamlined one way of working for the team(s), facilitating best practice throughout the function, managing all processes in a controlled and risk aware manner
- Working with both internal and external contacts to improve compliance to purchase order, pre-coding and address policy, ensuring that invoices are accurately processed to the respective financial system within agreed timescales
- Review and authorisation of payment proposals including petty cash and residents monies sign off, out of cycle payment requests and cheque payments, subject to authorisation limits
- Assist with the weekly / monthly cash flow forecast processes
- Maintain accurate coding of all supplier invoices, ensuring timely resolution of any exception transactions
- Provide support in respect of the management of colleague expense claims and care Home petty cash replenishments, and the reconciliation thereof
- Assist with the transactional management of the divisions receipt and disbursement bank accounts ensuring accurate and timely recording of all receipt and disbursement transactions and the reconciling of bank accounts
- Act as point of contact to care homes for all Banking related enquiries
- Provide feedback and escalate accordingly where processes and procedures are not followed. Ensure that when issues are identified any new procedures that are put in place to prevent recurrence and adhered to
- Support with the Management and control of the month end close processes to the agreed strict deadlines and assist with month end reporting
- To assist with leading, developing and managing both the AP and Cashiering teams through positive example by creating a culture of excellence with high levels of financial control, customer service and professionalism (including coaching and performance management in order to achieve the Company’s and teams personal objectives, complying with the company appraisal system)
- Measuring of team objectives, reviewing these regularly with senior management in order to ensure the required levels of service for all internal and external customers are achieved, to be demonstrated through the achieving of team objectives and individual KPIs/targets
- Assist in the recruiting, inducting staff (as required), enabling them to develop to their full potential within their current roles and support existing staff to facilitate and promote best practice
- Assist in the implementation of both short term and mid-term strategies through direct participation in project planning and delivery. This will include liaising with Business Systems and Operational colleagues on opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies
- Support in the provision and delivery of training programmes for Home Managers and Home Administrators
- This list of key responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.