Hotel Services Manager, 6 months FTC
- Job Reference
- Midlands & South West London
- Job Description
- Post Code
- Midlands & South West London
- Job Copy
Hotel Services Manager – Midlands & SW London
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
6 months FTC
Competitive plus car allowance and benefits package
Due to expansion we have an excellent opportunity for a 6 months FTC for a Hotel Services Manager to join our reputable hospitality team. You will assist the hospitality team in supporting operations in delivering hospitality excellence in a defined number of homes.
Reporting into the Head of Hospitality, the job holder will play a significant role within the food and services team who collectively are responsible for assisting operations in delivering excellent standards of hotel services hospitality.
The role is expansive being involved in the process of innovation for creativity, implementation and commercial delivery of the hotel services Food Framework and Dining with Dignity strategy across food, beverages and residents meal time experience. The role also includes responsibility for laundry, housekeeping and waste management.
The job holder will be required to travel extensively across the regions including overnight stays.
Summary of Key Responsibilities (not exhaustive)
- To ensure the Hotel services strategy is implemented and standards are maintained as agreed by the senior Operations team
- To ensure the homes are preparing menus that deliver food for the residents needs and ensure the content as outlined in the Food Framework is being adhered to.
- Ensure the homes are delivering the meal time experience as outlined within the Dining with Dignity Framework.
- To undertake six monthly kitchen and housekeeping audits
- Co-ordinate and/or deliver all centrally identified training courses working with supplier partners and external consultants as applicable
- Manage and approve the repair or replacement of all key hotel services equipment
- Manage all food and non-food suppliers in terms of agreed service levels
- To manage new trials/projects and recommend changes as required
- To review kitchen staff skills and identify training required
- To ensure that all catering, cleaning and laundry consumables are ordered from current nominated suppliers in line with Company purchasing policy.
- To assist Kitchen teams to ensure they have full understanding of the residents daily spend budgets and advise them on menu planning to ensure these budgets are adhered to
- To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co-operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
- To ensure procedures are in place to enable the laundry and housekeeping to run effectively within the home.
- Food related qualifications (craft or technical) HND, City & Guilds or NVQ L3
- Significant experience in senior supervisory role within food and hospitality
- Must possess relevant food production technical knowledge/skills gained from working in a food production environment.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.