- Job Reference
- Banbury Road, Adderbury, Oxfordshire
- Post Code
- OX17 3PL
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Role Highlights
Exciting Opportunity for a Sous Chef to join our team at Seccombe Court in Adderbury!
Full time - 40 Hours a week - Alternative weekends required!
£12.45 - £13.40 per Hour.
- Job Copy
Sous Chefs at Care UK are great at working with others. They enjoy sharing information and raising standards through culinary development, innovation and new ideas. They have access to a large supply chain for all catering requirements and the autonomy to create nutritious well balanced menus for everyone. They’re self-motivated, flexible, enthusiastic and happy to take responsibility for resolving issues that arise. And, they know how to maintain team discipline and morale within the kitchen. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Sous Chef isn’t just about helping the Head Chef ensure food is prepared to the agreed standard and that deadlines are met. It’s about taking control of running the kitchen in their absence. It's about using modern kitchen equipment and fresh local produce to develop full diet sensitive meals for residents so they can enjoy the same flavour and nutrition. And it's about helping to come up with menus, consulting with residents to ensure their needs and choices are met and preparing food in line with specific diets. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
As well as a Catering Diploma (City & Guilds/BTEC) and NVQ 2/3 in practical cookery and Health and Safety. Food Hygiene Certificates (minimum level 2) are essential. You’ll also need good knowledge of nutritionally balanced menu planning and a proven ability to cater for specific dietary needs. And, if you’ve worked in a care home and/or have experience of stock control or working with a budget, even better (but not essential). Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Alternate weekend working and sociable working hours
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into Head Chef opportunities
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
- Where you'll work
Seccombe Court (part of the Care UK family) in Banbury delivers a range of quality care in modern and luxurious surroundings. We provide nursing, dementia and residential care. Seccombe Court would love to welcome you to the team to show you what a career at Care UK has to offer!
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.