- Job Reference
- Rectory Lane, Leatherhead
- Post Code
- KT23 4DY
- Job Copy
Helping to organise a varied activities programme for our residents, it will be your responsibility to make sure the programme runs smoothly. This will include involving the residents, their families and other team members, to make sure each and every activity is a success. It’s about being enthusiastic and creative, making the residents feel included but also stimulated and challenged. You’ll be supported by our dedicated activities team.
- Experience of supporting, organising and scheduling programmes of events or activities
- Great organisation skills, listening skills, good written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills The ability to lead and motivate volunteers
- Knowledge of safety regulations and quality assurance
- Previous experience working within a care home and with older people is desirable
- Had both COVID-19 Vaccinations or be willing to have both.
What we will give you
As an Activities Assistant at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Where you'll work
Gracewell of Bookham (part of the Care UK family) is set in the heart of Surrey. We offer the highest standard of care in our beautifully modern home. We provide nursing, dementia and residential care. Gracewell of Bookham would love to welcome you to the team to show you what a career at Care UK has to offer!
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.