Senior Care Assistant
- Job Reference
- Jeddah Way, Kennett, Newmarket, Suffolk
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CB8 8JY
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Role Highlights
We are looking for Senior Care Assistant to join our team fantastic team at Kentford of Gracewell, part of the Care UK family!
40 hours per week, alternative weekends required.
Candidate needs to have a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or be working towards it.
- Job Copy
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will assist with daily activities, providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, assigning specific tasks to the Care Assistants and monitoring their completion. Other responsibilities include developing, reviewing and updating residents’ personal care plans to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- At least one year’s experience in long term care, assisted living or healthcare
- Ability to manage a team and handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
- Had both COVID-19 Vaccinations or be willing to have both.
What we will give you
As a Senior Care Assistant at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Where you'll work
Gracewell of Kentford (part of the Care UK family) is a luxury care home a short distance from the town's famous racecourse and vibrant centre. Our modern home sits within the Suffolk countryside and provides premium amenities, including a professional salon and spacious lounges. We provide nursing, dementia and residential care. Gracewell of Kentford would love to welcome you to the team to show you what a career at Care UK has to offer!
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.