- Job Reference
- Slough, Berkshire
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SL2 4FA
- Job Copy
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will assist with daily activities, providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, assigning specific tasks to the Care Assistants and monitoring their completion. Other responsibilities include developing, reviewing and updating residents’ personal care plans to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- At least one year’s experience in long term care, assisted living or healthcare
- Ability to manage a team and handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
What we will give you
As a Senior Care Assistant at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Where you'll work
At Oak House, we offer a warm welcome together with high quality care for older people.
Set in a peaceful residential area of Slough, Oak House is a modern, purpose-built care home that opened in 2009. We provide personalised nursing, residential, and care to older people, including individuals with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. We also offer sensitive and supportive end of life care.
We place great importance on supporting residents to be as active and independent as possible. So we spend lots of time getting to know each person, so that we can offer engaging and fulfilling activities based on their interests. We love to see residents getting involved in our different clubs, keeping up with their old hobbies and trying out new things.
Our friendly team also enjoys building good relationships with residents' loved ones, who often come to think of us as part of their extended family. Everyone shares the same goal of making sure residents are happy, comfortable and settled.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.