- Job Reference
- Kingston Vale, London
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SW15 3PU
- Job Copy
If you have a passion for helping others to get the most out of life and some experience gained in a similar role, joining Care UK as a Lifestyle Coordinator may be the right move for you. A rewarding career that comes with great training, you’ll have a real opportunity to develop in our fast paced, expanding business.
Being a Lifestyle Coordinator at Care UK
Lifestyle Coordinators at Care UK have the ability to understand residents’ needs and go the extra mile to support them to live a fulfilling life. They enjoy sharing ideas with others and strive to find ways to improve residents’ quality of life. With a formidable ‘can-do’ approach to their work, lots of initiative and team player skills, they’re keen to continuously learn and improve too. Do you have the same sort of attributes?
What you’ll be doing
Being a Lifestyle Coordinator is about creating, organising and communicating a varied programme of activities for residents. It’s also about empowering each resident individually, assisting them with their ability to participate and enabling them to achieve their goals. You’ll do this by spending quality time with residents and their families in order to gain a full understanding of their interests and aspirations. Meaningful activity is the result and the responsibility of all colleagues input, so you’ll work closely with the team to involve everyone in the home and make this successful. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Some relevant experience is essential, as is the ability to compile social care plans for residents and maintain confidentiality. We’ll also be looking for excellent interpersonal skills and a flair for prioritising a busy workload. Someone who’s able to retain information and carry out instructions accurately, keeping accurate written records is important too. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more enjoyable and want to work in an environment where the work can be challenging, but also fun, fullfilling and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
Sherwood Grange care home is due to open in Kingston Vale, West London, in spring 2016 and will provide around the clock residential and dementia care for older people.
The 59-bed care home will offer the latest in luxurious living, within a stone’s throw of Wimbledon Common and Richmond Park. The new three storey home has been designed to maximise light and space and have superb onsite facilities including a hair salon, cinema and coffee shop.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.