Operational Support Manager
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- G42 8TS
- Job Copy
We have an exciting opportunity which has arisen in our Scotland region for an Operational Support Manager covering the following areas:
Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Falkirk.
To take responsibility for working with all internal and external stakeholders. Provide dedicated and focused support to Care UK homes across the estate to maintain and develop consistent and high quality care and levels of service, whether the home is working through a development plan, is in transition, or part of a new build programme. To provide Home Manager expertise to a specific Care UK care home as required by the business. This may include, but not limited to, interim management of a specific home, managing a home with a specific action plan or assisting in managing a home within a different region.
Manage as necessary any key projects as determined by the Operations Director.
Working within the Management Team to support a competent and highly driven team of home managers; providing the climate which allows them to support and develop their people effectively
- Continue to build positive customer relationships, applying a proactive approach to understanding customer needs, developing effective partnership working through joint initiatives and utilisation of available resources, then delivering continuous service improvement as a result
- Effectively manage risk to ensure compliance with standards and customer safety at all times
- To establish a relationship with internal and external stakeholders as deemed necessary
- To liaise closely with all Regulatory bodies in order to build effective relationships. Ensure any requests for information from such Regulatory bodies are responded to promptly
- To support colleagues within our homes to develop the knowledge and expertise required to deliver care in accordance with best practice advice & guidance and to ensure effective service delivery.
- To establish and maintain effective methods of communication with all stakeholders.
- To support in homes in the selection, recruitment, induction, retention and development of all staff in accordance with legislation and company guidelines.
- Act as Home Manager in the absence of an existing manager when required
- To liaise with recruitment to ensure appropriate numbers and skills mix of staff to meet the requirements of the service
- Manage complaints and concerns appropriately and effectively in accordance with Company Policy.
- Understand and implement Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective communication and dissemination of information on a regular basis using various methods to all stakeholders and staff.
- Maintain excellent relationships within the region and also with external agencies to build and maintain a positive reputation in the local community.
- Ensure that effective measures are taken to adequately protect the safety and welfare of service users, visitors and staff.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in the care environment
- Work with all stakeholders to continually improve relationships and service provision.
- Ensure timely liaison with the HR team concerning employee matters relating to employment legislation and associate policies and procedures and People Strategy
- Work with the HR team to ensure the principles of equality and diversity are upheld
- Support the relevant Regional Director in planning, managing and implementing the proposed development plan for Care Home(s).
- Promote, share and sustain best practice business methods at all times
- Drive continuous improvement and implement agreed innovations and technological advances where appropriate
- To be fully conversant with the protection of vulnerable adults.
- To be responsible for ensuring and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of key developments, which may improve care and enhance overall service delivery.
- To ensure that adequate measures are taken to protect the health and safety of all customers and staff including the maintenance and upkeep of a safe and homely environment.
- To consistently role model the values and behaviours of the organisation in accordance with Care UK’s mission of Fulfilling Lives.
- Meet company objectives and targets through effective leadership, direction, management and motivation in the designated areas of the operation
- To be able to work flexibly (night visits and some weekends) as and when required to support the needs of the business
- Make a positive contribution to the business in terms of profit, development, growth and market position
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.