- Job Reference
- South Shields, Tyne & Wear
- Job Description
- Post Code
- NE34 6RF
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Job Copy
As a Laundry Assistant, you will be expected to promote and maintain a consistently high standard of laundry services to all residents and throughout the home. In particular, you will ensure a personalised approach to resident care, in accordance with the unique needs of each individual.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, but not essential
- Ability to build positive relationships with our residents and their families
- A caring and compassionate attitude, demonstrating true concern for people
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions, and act in the residents’ best interest
- Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
- Effective time keeping and time management
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
What we will give you
As a Laundry Assistant at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Where you'll work
At Cheviot Court we offer high quality care together with a warm welcome in a lovely setting.
Cheviot Court care home in South Shields offers high quality, personalised residential and respite care for older people. Our team has specialist expertise in supporting individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Our number one goal is to make sure each resident is happy and fulfilled every day. We spend time getting to know residents, developing friendships with them and learning about how they like to spend their time. We do all we can to make residents feel completely comfortable and at home.
Residents and visitors enjoy relaxing in our large, landscaped garden, with its mature trees, flower beds, patio with seating area and well-kept lawns. The keen gardeners here help to keep everything looking lovely.
We provide a wide range of stimulating activities for residents and are always willing to organise new activities that residents suggest to us. Here in South Shields we’re lucky to be close to a lovely coastline, so in warmer weather we often take enjoyable trips to the seafront.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.