- Job Reference
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Job Description
- Post Code
- EH13 9PN
- Job Copy
As a Head Housekeeper you will play a crucial role in ensuring that visitors, residents and families all receive a positive impression of our homes – by keeping residents' rooms and common areas spotless and carrying out other general tasks within the home.
- Previous housekeeping experience is desirable
- Ability to build positive relationships with our residents, their families and our team members
- Exhibit a cheerful, caring and compassionate attitude, demonstrating true concern for people
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions, and act in the residents’ best interest
- Effective time keeping and time management
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
What we will give you
As a Head Housekeeper at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Where you'll work
Our care home’s name, Scottish Gaelic for ‘friends and relatives’, sums up the welcome you’ll receive, as well as our approach to care.
Here at Cairdean House, in Colinton, south west Edinburgh, we offer the highest standards of nursing, residential and respite care for older people, including those who are living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Our 90-bedroom purpose-built care home opened in early 2013 and has already established a strong reputation for its expertise and ground-breaking approach.
Cairdean House is a care home with a difference. It has been innovatively designed by internationally renowned architect, Richard Pollock and sits in the beautiful village of Colinton in Edinburgh. Richard and his team created the design with every thought for the needs of older people, particularly those living with dementia, and the smallest of details are considered in their approach. Find out more about Cairdean House’s specialist design.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.