- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- Job Copy
Project Manager - Existing Care Homes
Hours: Full time
Location: Field based, nationwide covering the UK
Salary: Dependent on experience
Due to continued growth and expansion, Care UK are recruiting a Project Manager who will report into the Head of Projects within the Property team of Residential Care Services.
The role is key to support the delivery of building related projects, primarily minor works but may include involvement in major refurbishment projects and other work streams. These may include the Capital Asset Replacement programme and Health & Safety remedial works. The bulk of time would be spent in the field visiting any of our 150 sites. This is a challenging and rewarding role that contributes to improving our residents’ homes and making a difference to their quality of life.
You’ll have the technical skill to survey and estimate works needed within our existing homes and assist in the instruction and delivery of projects. The ability to delegate and instruct external stakeholders is essential.
Care UK is a leading, innovative provider of health and social care services in the UK. The Residential Care division provides care and supports to over 8000 residents suffering from dementia and related conditions in 150 Care homes across the UK. The division has grown rapidly, making significant investment in enhanced facilities and new Care Homes.
- Substantial experience in delivering building surveying or project related services to a multi-site portfolio
- Experience exercising budgetary control with good understanding of financial management across Revenue and Capital expenditure
- Experience of leading on projects and motivating others
- Good working knowledge of industry legislation and guidelines
- Sound understanding of building construction and M&E services
- It is highly desirable if you are a member of the RICS or CIOB/IOSH but not essential
- Good IT skills and ability to put to full use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project
- Good understanding of CAFM systems
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.