- Job Reference
- 370 London Road, Newbury
- Post Code
- RG14 2QH
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Role Highlights
Exciting Opportunity for an Activities Assistant to join our fantastic team at Newbury Grove in Newbury.
Part time hours which can be flexible - Alternative weekends required.
To work 3-4 days a week and 3 hours a day.
£10.20 - £11.20 per hour
- Job Copy
Helping to organise a varied activities programme for our residents, it will be your responsibility to make sure the programme runs smoothly. This will include involving the residents, their families and other team members, to make sure each and every activity is a success. It’s about being enthusiastic and creative, making the residents feel included but also stimulated and challenged. You’ll be supported by our dedicated activities team.
- Experience of supporting, organising and scheduling programmes of events or activities
- Great organisation skills, listening skills, good written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills The ability to lead and motivate volunteers
- Knowledge of safety regulations and quality assurance
- Previous experience working within a care home and with older people is desirable
What we will give you
As an Activities Assistant at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Where you'll work
Newbury Grove (part of the Care UK family) is a luxury care home in a vibrant market town of Newbury! Our home enjoys a stunning landscaped sensory garden and premium amenities, including a salon and cinema room. We provide nursing, dementia and residential care. Newbury Grove would love to welcome you to the team to show you what a career at Care UK has to offer!
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.