Tax Project Assistant
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
Tax Project Assistant
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours
Contract: 6 months FTC
Resource is required by Group Head of Tax to help manage the admin side of VAT project.
- Liaise with Local Authorities on a weekly basis to seek updates on the novation.
- Liaise with internal Care UK team to action any outstanding points relating to novation.
- Draft clear responses to LAs action points / queries raised, after seeking approval from Group Head of Tax.
- Maintain an up-to-date tracker of all emails sent to LAs and their responses received on a weekly basis.
- Maintain a clear record of all correspondence between Care UK and LAs and within internal teams on shared drive.
- Report to Group Head of Tax on a weekly basis with updates on novation.
- Assist with ad hoc queries relating to novation which may billing, VAT reporting at busy times.
Experience, Attributes required:
- No professional qualification necessarily required but a secondee from Accountancy or Law firm can be better suited.
- Excellent organisational & time management skills required.
- Proactive, diligent, pleasant.
- Good excel skills.
Established 40 years ago, Care UK is one of the largest providers of residential care for older people, with over 12,000 employees and over 150 homes across UK and Scotland. We are the most awarded care home provider for the last two years, with more outstanding rated homes than any other provider.* That's why we're trusted by over 8,000 families. Our care homes provide a range of care services, from short-term respite care to nursing and specialist dementia care. We are committed to providing excellent care and have the highest quality ratings of the five biggest care home providers.
We are growing, with an ambitious new build programme, having opened over 40 homes since 2013. We continue to grow and are building between six and ten homes a year, as well as continuing to invest in our older homes.
*As rated by the Care Quality Commission in England and the Care Inspectorate in Scotland.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.