- Job Reference
- Woking, Surrey
- Job Description
- Post Code
- GU22 9EQ
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Role Highlights
Kingsleigh Care Home - off Kingfield Road, Woking, Surrey GU22 9EQ
Pay - £8.91p/h
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. Join our Hotel Services team and you’ll be playing a vital part in making residents’ lives better on a daily basis.
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Where you'll work
We love providing care which is tailored to residents' individual needs.
Kingsleigh is a comfortable and welcoming, purpose-built residential dementia care home offering specialist care for those living with dementia and Alzheimer’s. The home is set in a quiet residential area of Old Woking in Surrey and is based in a single-storey building, surrounded by beautiful secure garden areas in which the residents can enjoy in a safe environment.
We also offer local carers the opportunity to meet every Wednesday from 2pm to 4pm for time out, tea and talks at our Dementia Support Café. Every four weeks from 4th June, a guest speaker will also be joining us to share their knowledge and experiences.
Our team provides person-centred care, working with each resident to develop a care plan that is as individual as they are. When a new resident joins us, we take the time to find out about their lifetime experiences, their interests and their likes and dislikes. And we use what we learn to create a personal ‘life history plan’.
Kingsleigh feels very much like a family home, with a relaxed atmosphere and a strong community spirit. We offer a wide choice of spaces where residents can socialise with friends and family. As well as spacious lounges, we have a pampering room and a mini gym. We’re even supported to keep fit by members of Woking Football Club, who come in once a week to do chair exercises with residents.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.