Customers Services and Sales Manager
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
Contract: 6 - 12 months FTC
Hours: Full Time, 37.5 hours - Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5pm.
Location: Colchester, with 2-3 days a week working remote.
The Hub Shared Services function is a critical support service to operations based in our Colchester office. The team consists of:
- Hub Support and Reception – A dedicated team with a vast knowledge of the business, focused on supporting all Care UK care home managers and their teams. They also maintain the corporate switchboard, directing external callers contacting Care UK.
- Care Support Team – An empathetic, friendly team who handle Care UK’s incoming care enquiry calls and support prospective customers on their journey in finding the right care home. The team captures all the information from the prospective customer, provides details on the care home(s) they are interested in and where possible, book an appointment to view the home(s).
- Quality Support and Quality Reporting Team – A dedicated team that provides both administrative and analytical support to the Care, Quality and Governance team. They provide guidance for our homes in relation to quality matters and support the business by creating, maintaining and developing reports, which are circulated to the Exec team for review.
- Hub Property Helpdesk - A friendly team that handles all inbound calls and emails, relating to maintenance repairs, raising new quote requests, help with Verisae work orders and general queries. They act at the facilitator for such requests, liaising with both the homes and the contractors.
The Hub Shared Services Manager is responsible for driving the performance of the teams, to ensure they are meeting KPIs and SLAs. They are the key contact between departments and are accountable for driving new initiatives, spotting inefficiencies, building and maintaining relationships with key customers and ensuring excellent customer service is at the forefront of the team’s minds.
- Keep on track with the function’s performance throughout the week ensuring that key performance measures and service levels are achieved or exceeded and action taken to current any areas of underperformance.
- Encourage critical thinking of statistics, look for inefficiencies and areas of improvement. Highlight to key customers if a team’s performance is below where it should be
- Coach, mentor, motivate and encourage the Team Leaders and Managers to be responsible for their team’s performance; use experience to guide them on how to be forward-thinking and proactive
- Conduct 1:1s, team meetings and huddles regularly and report back any performance issues
- Escalation point for any people management queries from the Team Leaders and Managers
- Responsible for the functions budget including team resource and credit card spend
- A proven track record in delivering new initiatives
- Experience in a sales environment; preferably with experience of call centres and tracking KPIs and SLAs
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership experience
- Ability to build relationships with individuals at all levels of the organisation
- Strong sense of initiative and problem solving
- Experience in managing multiple projects with conflicting priorities
Who are Care UK?
Established 40 years ago, Care UK is one of the largest providers of residential care for older people, with over 12,000 employees and over 150 homes across UK and Scotland, delivering care to nearly 9,000 residents. Our care homes provide a range of care services, from short-term respite care to nursing and specialist dementia care. We are committed to providing excellent care and have the highest quality ratings of the five biggest care home providers.
We are growing, with an ambitious new build programme, having opened over 40 homes since 2013. We continue to grow and are building between 6 and 10 homes a year, as well as continuing to invest in our older homes.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.