- Job Reference
- Dorking, Surrey
- Job Description
- Post Code
- RH5 4EG
- Job Copy
As a Laundry Assistant, you will be expected to promote and maintain a consistently high standard of laundry services to all residents and throughout the home. In particular, you will ensure a personalised approach to resident care, in accordance with the unique needs of each individual.
- Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, but not essential
- Ability to build positive relationships with our residents and their families
- A caring and compassionate attitude, demonstrating true concern for people
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions, and act in the residents’ best interest
- Able to work on own initiative as well as in a team
- Effective time keeping and time management
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
What we will give you
As a Laundry Assistant at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Where you'll work
We offer high quality care and an attractive location in a lovely village.
Stanecroft care home is set in the attractive village of North Holmwood near Dorking in Surrey. We offer residential and respite care to older people who are living with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
Our friendly, highly skilled team is very experienced in caring for older people with a range of needs. We get to know each resident extremely well, so that we can create personalised care plans that take into account their individual experiences, interests and aspirations. Our aim is for each person to lead a happy and fulfilling life that’s as active and independent as possible. As well as planning regular activities for residents, we encourage and support them to take part in the day-to-day life of the home in any way they wish, which might mean laying tables for dinner, baking cakes for everyone to enjoy or watering plants.
Stanecroft has a warm, friendly atmosphere and relatives’ families and friends are always welcome. The home is tastefully decorated, with light and airy rooms and living areas, and our gardens are fully accessible and secure, so that residents who are living with dementia can explore them independently.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.