Leadership and Development Manager
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CO4 9QB
- Job Copy
Job title: Leadership and Development Manager
Responsible to: Head of Learning and Development
Responsible for: Supporting with our drive to improve leadership capability and reduce line manager dissatisfaction
Accountable to: Head of Learning and Development
- Fulfilling Lives is our core purpose
- Every one of us makes a difference is the belief that drives us
- Caring, Passionate and Teamwork are the values that underpin everything we do
The role exists to support the operations and the care, quality & regulatory governance teams in providing industry leading learning solutions.
- Working with the Head of L&D to look at existing opportunities to help deliver the People Plan
- Managing the content, delivery, process and data for the Leadership Programmes
- Continually looking for ways to enhance the programmes through gaining feedback and suggestions
- Finding the needs of leaders through Training Needs Analysis, working with HR Op’s to gain needs through the Talent process and via performance review data
- Delivery of Leadership training to business via various methods including Face to Face, Teams, webinar, blogs, articles etc
- Creation of a leadership calendar for homes
- Working with the LMS team to create pathways for leadership programmes
- Working with quality to build on the care into care leader programme
- Ensuring SME’s support the programmes by running core skills modules & gaining dates to book the sessions in
- Managing the Performance Management cycle (appraisal) process and communication
- Working with the apprenticeship coordinator to source the correct qualifications for programmes
- Creation & delivery of bitesize leadership sessions
- Managing the Mentoring Programme for the business & Train the Trainer sessions
- Sourcing senior leadership training / coaches for Connaught House leaders
- Supporting the Home Manager Welcome event with organisation and delivery with the Head of L&D
- Supporting / delivering New Build training face to face with the Head of L&D
- Working with homes in project groups and forums to ensure that the new solutions are fit for business
- Managing and developing the L&D Trainer
- End to end management of the projects including creating the project groups, proposals, budget requirements, creation, engagement, training, implementation and monitoring results.
- Communicating with other L&D / HR team members and other departments to work on new initiatives and how we develop, deliver and monitor success.
- Sourcing and working with suppliers and looking for improvements
- Analysing data to see where we need improvements
- The above list is the majority of what is required, but as the business needs change the role may be required to complete activities outside of this remit.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.