- Job Reference
- Butlers Green Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- Job Description
- Post Code
- RH16 4DA
- Job Copy
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will assist with daily activities, providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the shift, assigning specific tasks to the Care Assistants and monitoring their completion. Other responsibilities include developing, reviewing and updating residents’ personal care plans to meet their changing physical, social and psychological needs.
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- At least one year’s experience in long term care, assisted living or healthcare
- Ability to manage a team and handle multiple priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good judgement, problem solving and decision making skills
- Medication administration training or/and a willingness to undertake training if required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel)
What we will give you
As a Senior Care Assistant at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Where you'll work
Our purpose-built Haywards Health care home opens in summer 2021, and will provide an extensive range of care for older people in luxurious surroundings.
Martlet Manor will have its own café, hair and beauty salon, cinema and lovely gardens. There will be beautiful lounges to relax in, dining rooms with kitchenettes where the residents can make their own drinks and snacks, and every bedroom will be individually decorated, fully furnished and have its own ensuite wet room.
Care UK are passionate about recruiting caring, committed individuals and we want to have the best team possible to deliver top-quality care to our residents. If this sounds like a good fit for you then we want to hear from you!
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.