Head of Hospitality
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- Job Copy
Head of Hospitality
- Fulfilling Lives is our core purpose
- Every one of us makes a difference is the belief that drives us
- Caring, Passionate and Teamwork are the values that underpin everything we do
The job holder will play a significant role in supporting the Food and Services Director in the strategic delivery of all Hotel Services objectives the individual will work with the wider hotel services team who collectively are responsible for assisting operations in delivering excellent standards of hotel services hospitality to our residents across all Care UK’s residential homes.
The job holder will have a strong culinary background and ideally have experience of care catering.
The role is expansive being involved in the process of innovation for creativity, implementation and commercial delivery of the hotel services Food Framework and Dining with Dignity strategy across food, beverages and residents meal time experience.
The role also includes responsibility assisting our homes in delivering best in class for laundry, housekeeping and waste management. The job holder will be required to travel extensively across the relevant region/s and at times the country which will include some overnight stays when assisting the wider Hotel Services team.
The job holder must maintain standards as required in adherence to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure the Hotel services strategy is implemented and standards are maintained as agreed by the senior operations team
- To ensure the homes are preparing menus that deliver food for the residents needs. Taking into account into any dietary requirements be that religious, ethnic or cultural this will include intolerance specific and the provision of texture modified diets. You will ensure the content as outlined in the Food Framework is being adhered to
- Ensure the homes are delivering the mealtime experience as outlined within the Dining with Dignity Framework
- To undertake six monthly kitchen and housekeeping audits
- Co-ordinate and/or deliver all centrally identified training courses working with supplier partners and external consultants as applicable
- Manage and approve the repair or replacement of all key hotel services equipment
- Working with Procurement manage all food and non food suppliers in terms of agreed service levels
- Assist home managers in the recruitment of Head Chefs and Housekeepers.
- To review kitchen staff skills and identify training required
- To ensure that all catering, cleaning and laundry consumables are ordered from current nominated suppliers in line with Company purchasing policy.
- To assist Kitchen teams to ensure they have full understanding of the residents daily spend budgets and advise them on menu planning to ensure these budgets are adhered to
- To work within agreed budget guidelines on staff costs and consumables and to co-operate in any action necessary so as to keep to budget.
- To ensure procedures are in place to enable the laundry and housekeeping to run effectively within the home.
This list of key responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.