Care Support Advisor
- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- Job Copy
Care Support Advisor
Responsible To: Care Support Team Leader
Accountable To: Care Support and Complaints Manager
Working Pattern: Mon- Friday 8:30-5:00 or 9:00-5:30 (1-hour lunch)
- Fulfilling Lives is our core purpose
- Every one of us makes a difference is the belief that drives us
- Caring, Passionate and Teamwork are the values that underpin everything we do
The Care Support Team is a critical part of the Shared Services Hub team, who provides free advice and support, seven days a week. Their primary focus is to support those who are looking into care for a loved one. The support provided ranges from advising on our current processes, describing our care homes relative to the prospective resident’s needs and ultimately, guiding them through what can be a very sensitive journey. They will be empathetic and sensitive towards the enquirer, listening to their needs and tailoring their responses to meet those needs.
Key Role Responsibilities:
The Care Support Advisor will provide a professional, empathetic and understanding service to external callers. They must be adaptable to change and open to trialling new processes. The Care Support Advisor will be responsible for contributing to the overall team targets, which include a Service Level performance % and a Conversion performance %. Individual contribution is monitored, to support in delivering relevant training and coaching to increase performance. The performance of the team is circulated weekly to Executive members, and they are therefore pivotal in support the company to reach its occupancy targets.
The Care Support Advisor will need to be competent in several systems including the Microsoft package (Word, Excel primarily) Outlook and be able to navigate our internal care recording and CRM system.
- For showing empathy and understanding on every call, email, intranet response and having the ability to put themselves in the ‘customers shoes’
- Delivering excellent customer service
- For adhering to agreed Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- For building great relationships internally
- Showing initiative and drive
- Excellent call handling skills
- Ability to use multiple systems simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to suit the audience
- Accurate with a high attention to detail
- A team player
The operational teams, our residents and all visitors to our care homes are our customers. Therefore every person working in the Helpdesk team is a key component in the package of services that is provided to the care homes. Our service will be delivered in a timely fashion with a can-do attitude to ensure that residents live in an environment that is safe, clean, welcoming and above all is reflective of the quality care that underpins Care UK’s business.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay
- Award Winning Care Provider (Residential Care Provider of the Year - Health Investor Awards 2022 & more)
- Long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Competitive refer a friend bonus
- GEM Awards - we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Pension contribution
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.