- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- Job Copy
Job title: Payroll Analyst
Responsible to: Assistant Payroll Manager
Accountable to: Payroll Manager
- Fulfilling Lives is our core purpose
- Every one of us makes a difference is the belief that drives us
- Caring, Passionate and Teamwork are the values that underpin everything we do
To support the end-to-end processing of the monthly payrolls for circa 12,500 employees via an outsourced payroll solution (iTrent/Midland HR). To be a proactive member of a professional payroll team that works with our customer base.
- Processing of Starters and Leavers
- Validate the payroll output from the time and attendance system and deal with any rejects that occur and administer the internal authorisation process.
- Calculation and processing sickness/maternity/paternity/adoption pay supporting the process where needed.
- Process and validate all manual payroll adjustments in line with the approved pay rules.
- Process all Court Order instructions received from the HMCS in a timely manner and liaise with the various authorities to resolve any issues that arise.
- Administration of pension schemes and auto enrolment.
- Administration and reconciliation of Salary Sacrifice Schemes, Cycle to Work, Childcare Vouchers, Annual Leave Purchase etc
- Calculation and processing of out of cycle payments, ensuring all payments are fully recovered as soon as possible and that the control account is balanced each period.
- Promptly resolve payroll queries with home administrators/managers or individual employees when required
- Process and recover overpayments, providing regular updates to management and escalating exceptions.
- Assist with administration of end of year processes.
- Production of payroll related correspondence.
- Provide regular (at least monthly) KPI reporting
- With guidance from the Assistant Payroll Manager, support the payroll requirements of acquisitions, mergers and integrations. Also provide support to facilitate the transfer of employees out of RCS division.
- Carry out ad hoc projects and other work within the division as and when required
This list of key responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other relevant and appropriate duties as reasonably required.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay
- Award Winning Care Provider (Residential Care Provider of the Year - Health Investor Awards 2022 & more)
- Long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Competitive refer a friend bonus
- GEM Awards - we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Pension contribution
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.