- Job Reference
- Sway Place, Chruch Lane, Sway, Hampshire
- Post Code
- SO41 6AD
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Role Highlights
Exciting opportunity for a Activities Assistant at our care home Sway Place based in Sway!
£11.00 per hour plus excellent benefits.
16 hours per week - may involve some weekend working
Shifts to be discussed at interview stage
- Job Copy
Helping to organise a varied activities programme for our residents, it will be your responsibility to make sure the programme runs smoothly. This will include involving the residents, their families and other team members, to make sure each and every activity is a success. It’s about being enthusiastic and creative, making the residents feel included but also stimulated and challenged. You’ll be supported by our dedicated activities team.
- Experience of supporting, organising and scheduling programmes of events or activities
- Great organisation skills, listening skills, good written, non-verbal and verbal communication skills The ability to lead and motivate volunteers
- Knowledge of safety regulations and quality assurance
- Previous experience working within a care home and with older people is desirable
What we will give you
As an Activities Assistant at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Competitive salary
- Career pathways
- Long Service awards
- Cycle to work
- Free eye tests
- Pension Scheme
- Annual holiday purchase scheme
- Health Cash plans
- GEM awards
- Quality training to develop your skills
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
- Where you'll work
Sway Place (part of the Care UK family) sits in the beautiful New Forest National Park, just a short drive from Brockenhurst and the coast. Our home is not just a stunning building; it also provides luxury in every area, from our stylish lounges and library to the five-acre grounds. We have something for everybody and provide high-quality care and real quality of life. We provide nursing, dementia and residential care. Sway Place would love to welcome you to the team to show you what a career at Care UK has to offer!
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.