Regional Painter and Decorator
- Job Reference
- North East Region
- Job Description
- Post Code
- North East
- Job Copy
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Location: North East Region
Salary: Depending on experience
Do you share our values of Caring, Passionate and Teamwork? Are you looking to develop your career within a multi award winning organisation committed to developing and investing our new and existing Care Homes? Join Care UK as Regional Painter and Decorator.
We are looking for people to make a difference to residents’ lives every day. When you join Care UK you’ll be joining a team who share the same values: caring, passionate and teamwork. You’ll have a strong desire to help people and put residents at the heart of everything you do.
- Responsible for internal, and low-level external redecoration for between 8 and 10 care homes across the North East region
- Use paint, varnishes and wallpaper supplied through the Property Helpdesk to decorate homes inside and outside.
- Planning the project (what, when, where, who and how) with the Regional Facilities Manager and Home Manager
- Measuring surface areas to work out how much paint or wall covering is needed.
- Ordering the correct quantities of materials and consumables from the Care UK Property Helpdesk
- Preparing surfaces including striping, filling, smoothing, and levelling. Masking and protecting areas to prevent paint going onto unwanted areas
- Operating, cleaning, and maintaining all painting equipment, including brushes, rollers, trays etc.
- Priming, sanding, sealing paint surfaces, applying layers of paint and hanging wallpaper.
- Tidying up after finishing a job and checking that all work areas have been left safe.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream- access your wages at any-time.
- Career development, training, and access to ongoing training and development schemes
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Long service awards
- GEM Awards – we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Award Winning Care Provider
- Pension Contribution
- Holder of City & Guilds level 2 in Painting & Decorating as a minimum
- 5 years minimum experience of all aspects of painting and decorating in a residential or office environment.
- Due to the nature of the role, you will need to hold a full valid UK Driving License and have access to a vehicle.
- Current CSCS card
We see the potential in everyone, let us help fulfil yours. Click apply now.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.