- Job Reference
- Stansted Mountfitchet, Essex
- Job Description
- Post Code
- CM24 8LQ
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Role Highlights
Team Leader Care - Days
£11.67 - £12.43 plus excellent benefits!
8am - 8pm
- Job Copy
Your safety is our number one priority.
Care UKs safety promise ensures all residents, colleagues and visitors are safe and protected at all times. We have installed fogging machines, thermal cameras and there are hand santitising stations located throughout our homes. Care UK have also applied a regular testing programme for all colleagues and residents as well as investing in a good supply of PPE and infection control champions.
Being a Team Leader at Care UK
Team Leaders at Care UK are flexible in approach and have broad experience of caring for others and leading shifts. They’re great at building relationships and inspiring others too. Collaborating and sharing information and ideas comes naturally to them, as does using tact and diplomacy to deal with challenging situations and quickly resolving them. Their innovations help to raise standards, while their passion for what they do is second to none. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Team Leader Is about acting as a role model by leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them and completing regular staff appraisals. It’s also about taking responsibility for case managing residents and liaising with families, health care professional and other stakeholders to ensure that the best care plans are created and delivered. Working closely with nurses to develop the services we provide is an important aspect of the role too, as is administering medication and carrying out risk assessments. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Well-organised, IT literate and adept at allocating and delegating work appropriately, you have a proven ability to lead and supervise others and a good understanding of care planning processes. What’s more, you're trained, or willing to train, to administer medication and used to contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free DBS
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
Mountfitchet House care home opened its doors in October 2014 near Stansted, Essex. The 60-bed care home provides nursing and residential care, as well as specialist care for people living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia and short-term respite care.
With the latest facilities and a focus on luxury living too, Mountfitchet House ensures your loved one continues to lead a fulfilling and enjoyable life. Features of the home include a contemporary coffee shop, hairdressers, cinema and creatively landscaped gardens, which provide safe, stimulating walks with easily accessible paths.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.