- Job Reference
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Job Description
- Post Code
- EH13 9PN
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Days and Nights
- Role Highlights
- Full and Part Time Hours Available
- Day or Nights
- Days - 8am to 8pm
- Nights - 8pm to 8am
- Rate of pay - £10.50
- Overtime enhancement - time and a half
- Job Copy
If you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding job with excellent training and great opportunities, join Care UK and make a real difference.
Are you interested in gaining access to your wages as you work? Care UK has a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay and is one of the many reasons to join the Care UK family.
Care Assistants at Care UK come from all walks of life, healthcare, support work, domiciliary, hospitality, retail, education and many others. We are looking for caring people to join the Care UK team who share the same values as us: care, passion and teamwork. You will have a strong desire to help people and put the residents at the heart of everything you do.
New to Care?
We have our own Learning Academy to provide excellent training and induction programs for all new staff members, meaning we will give you all the tools and knowledge you need to have a successful career with us. Our high quality, innovative training and coaching will support the development of your skills throughout your career with us.
We see the potential in everyone, let us help fulfil yours.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay
- Award Winning Care Provider (Residential Care Provider of the Year - Health Investor Awards 2022 & more)
- Long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Concerts for Carers (apply for free tickets to concerts at a various venues)
- Competitive refer a friend bonus
- GEM Awards - we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Career development, training and access to our approved apprenticeship scheme
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Pension contribution
- Free uniform
- Access to PPE
- Weekly Covid testing
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping residents to remain as active and independent as possible
- Respecting residents’ rights of choice, privacy and dignity
- Support residents with personal care and mealtimes.
- Working as part of a team to identify residents’ unique goals and implement personalised care plans.
- Working flexibly to help residents explore new interests, engage in physical activities, and make sure they enjoy themselves in a stimulating and homely environment.
So, if you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding career, please click the apply button to speak to one of our team for more information.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers
- Where you'll work
Our care home’s name, Scottish Gaelic for ‘friends and relatives’, sums up the welcome you’ll receive, as well as our approach to care.
Here at Cairdean House, in Colinton, south west Edinburgh, we offer the highest standards of nursing, residential and respite care for older people, including those who are living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Our 90-bedroom purpose-built care home opened in early 2013 and has already established a strong reputation for its expertise and ground-breaking approach.
Cairdean House is a care home with a difference. It has been innovatively designed by internationally renowned architect, Richard Pollock and sits in the beautiful village of Colinton in Edinburgh. Richard and his team created the design with every thought for the needs of older people, particularly those living with dementia, and the smallest of details are considered in their approach. Find out more about Cairdean House’s specialist design.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.