- Job Reference
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Job Description
- Post Code
- EH13 9PN
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Role Highlights
Team Leader in Care
- SVQ L3 Health and Social Care/HNC or D Qualification essential or willing to work towards this.
- 8am - 8pm (Days)
- NEW PAY RATES of £12.75ph
- Time and a half overtime enhancement
- Ideally will have experience administrating medication
- Job Copy
If you have SVQ Level 3 or HNC/D Socail Care qualification and proven experience of caring for older people, and are looking for a rewarding role that comes with excellent training and great opportunities for personal development, join Care UK as a Team Leader and make a real difference.
Being a Team Leader at Care UK
Team Leaders at Care UK are flexible in approach and have broad experience of caring for others and leading shifts. They’re great at building relationships and inspiring others too. Collaborating and sharing information and ideas comes naturally to them, as does using tact and diplomacy to deal with challenging situations and quickly resolving them. Their innovations help to raise standards, while their passion for what they do is second to none. And, they consider it a privilege to be trusted to look after others. Do you have the same sort of attributes? Then we could have just the role for you.
Lori (Team Leader) short v1 from Care UK on Vimeo.
What you’ll be doing
Being a Team Leader Is about acting as a role model by leading and supervising carers day-to-day, working alongside them and completing regular staff appraisals. It’s also about taking responsibility for case managing residents and liaising with families, health care professional and other stakeholders to ensure that the best care plans are created and delivered. Working closely with nurses to develop the services we provide is an important aspect of the role too, as is administering medication and carrying out risk assessments. Put simply, it’s about making a difference. A real difference.
What you’ll need
Well-organised, IT literate and adept at allocating and delegating work appropriately, you have a proven ability to lead and supervise others and a good understanding of care planning processes. What’s more, you're trained, or willing to train, to administer medication and used to contributing to, monitoring and implementing changes that improve outcomes for residents. Above all, you have a natural ability to help make the lives of others more fulfilling and want to work in an environment where the work can be hard, but also fun and rewarding.
- Competitive rates of pay – we continuously review pay in your local market
- Flexible pay via Wagestream (withdraw up to 40% of your wage at any time)
- Opportunities to progress through our personalised career paths into more senior and management roles whilst growing your earnings
- Earn whilst you learn and take on a variety of apprenticeships applicable to your role enabling you to increase your pay once achieved
- Competitive refer a friend scheme of up to £1000 depending on role
- Quality and free training to help develop and enhance your skills
- Overtime enhancements
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible hours, including day, night or weekend shifts
- Free PVG (Disclosure Scotland)
- Free Uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts across big known retailers enabling our colleagues to make big savings on every day shopping such as holidays, supermarkets and travel.
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to include support such as financial and family concerns
One of the UK’s leading care home providers, Care UK run over 130 homes and day clubs across the UK that provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. A top rated employer in best quality results, our goal is to help every employee fulfil their potential by providing first-class training and support.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers.
- Where you'll work
Our care home’s name, Scottish Gaelic for ‘friends and relatives’, sums up the welcome you’ll receive, as well as our approach to care.
Here at Cairdean House, in Colinton, south west Edinburgh, we offer the highest standards of nursing, residential and respite care for older people, including those who are living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Our 90-bedroom purpose-built care home opened in early 2013 and has already established a strong reputation for its expertise and ground-breaking approach.
Cairdean House is a care home with a difference. It has been innovatively designed by internationally renowned architect, Richard Pollock and sits in the beautiful village of Colinton in Edinburgh. Richard and his team created the design with every thought for the needs of older people, particularly those living with dementia, and the smallest of details are considered in their approach. Find out more about Cairdean House’s specialist design.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.