Bank Care Assistant
- Job Reference
- County Durham
- Job Description
- Post Code
- SR7 9PG
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Role Highlights
Bank Care Assistant / Support Worker Required
Are you looking to pick up some extra shifts or are you just wanting a more flexible work life balance?
If so, come and join the team at Church View!
Shift Patterns-8am-8pm/8pm-8am (0 hour contract)
Hourly Rate-£10.42 plus excellent benefits
- Job Copy
If you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding job with excellent training and great opportunities, join Care UK and make a real difference.
Are you interested in gaining access to your wages as you work? Care UK has a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay and is one of the many reasons to join the Care UK family.
Care Assistants at Care UK come from all walks of life, healthcare, support work, domiciliary, hospitality, retail, education and many others. We are looking for caring people to join the Care UK team who share the same values as us: care, passion and teamwork. You will have a strong desire to help people and put the residents at the heart of everything you do.
New to Care?
We have our own Learning Academy to provide excellent training and induction programs for all new staff members, meaning we will give you all the tools and knowledge you need to have a successful career with us. Our high quality, innovative training and coaching will support the development of your skills throughout your career with us.
We see the potential in everyone, let us help fulfil yours.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay
- Award Winning Care Provider (Residential Care Provider of the Year - Health Investor Awards 2022 & more)
- Long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Concerts for Carers (apply for free tickets to concerts at a various venues)
- Competitive refer a friend bonus
- GEM Awards - we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Career development, training and access to our approved apprenticeship scheme
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Pension contribution
- Free uniform
- Access to PPE
- Weekly Covid testing
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping residents to remain as active and independent as possible
- Respecting residents’ rights of choice, privacy and dignity
- Support residents with personal care and mealtimes.
- Working as part of a team to identify residents’ unique goals and implement personalised care plans.
- Working flexibly to help residents explore new interests, engage in physical activities, and make sure they enjoy themselves in a stimulating and homely environment.
So, if you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding career, please click the apply button to speak to one of our team for more information.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers
- Where you'll work
Church View care home is located in the centre of the small rural village of Murton, near Seaham.
Our warm, friendly team provides personalised residential, and respite care for older people, including those with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. We also offer supportive and sensitive end of life care.
Our team always puts the individual needs of residents first. We find out as much as we can about each resident's life history as soon as they arrive and build activities around their interests.
Church View is a big part of the village community – most residents grew up or lived locally and our entire team comes from the area too. We have a very homely, relaxed atmosphere and residents have said that as soon as they stepped through the front door, they knew it was the perfect choice for them.
We love to welcome family and friends – we've even turned one of our lounges into a living room, with a big box of toys. Relatives and their children really do feel as if they're going to grandma's or granddad's own house, and everyone can enjoy a cup of tea and some treasured hours together.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.