- Job Reference
- Job Description
- Post Code
- KT19 9RX
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Job Copy
Appleby House - (Rated Outstanding CQC)
£9.56 to £10.50 p/h
If you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding job with excellent training and great opportunities, join Care UK and make a real difference.
Are you interested in gaining access to your wages as you work? Care UK has a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay and is one of the many reasons to join the Care UK family.
Care Assistants at Care UK come from all walks of life, healthcare, support work, domiciliary, hospitality, retail, education and many others. We are looking for caring people to join the Care UK team who share the same values as us: care, passion and teamwork. You will have a strong desire to help people and put the residents at the heart of everything you do.
New to Care?
We have our own Learning Academy to provide excellent training and induction programs for all new staff members, meaning we will give you all the tools and knowledge you need to have a successful career with us. Our high quality, innovative training and coaching will support the development of your skills throughout your career with us.
We see the potential in everyone, let us help fulfil yours.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay
- Award Winning Care Provider (Residential Care Provider of the Year - Health Investor Awards 2022 & more)
- Long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Concerts for Carers (apply for free tickets to concerts at a various venues)
- Competitive refer a friend bonus
- GEM Awards - we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Career development, training and access to our approved apprenticeship scheme
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Pension contribution
- Free uniform
- Access to PPE
- Weekly Covid testing
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping residents to remain as active and independent as possible
- Respecting residents’ rights of choice, privacy and dignity
- Support residents with personal care and mealtimes.
- Working as part of a team to identify residents’ unique goals and implement personalised care plans.
- Working flexibly to help residents explore new interests, engage in physical activities, and make sure they enjoy themselves in a stimulating and homely environment.
So, if you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding career, please click the apply button to speak to one of our team for more information.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers
- Where you'll work
At Appleby House we offer high quality service coupled with a warm welcome from our team.
Located close to Epsom in Surrey, Appleby House is a comfortable and welcoming home which offers a personalised approach to residential care and respite care for older people. We also have specialist expertise in caring for people with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
Every member of the Appleby House team gets to know each resident as an individual – for us this is an absolutely essential part of providing high quality, personalised care. We offer a very wide range of engaging and stimulating activities, from gardening and art to lively tea dances.
We know that it’s the small touches that make somewhere feel like home. So in our reception area you’ll find a cosy sitting room with lamps, ornaments and chairs arranged around a fireplace. And in the evenings we create a relaxing atmosphere by using table lamps, rather than overhead lights. Throughout Appleby House you’ll find thoughtful design features that stimulate the senses and help individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia to find their way around and feel at ease.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.