- Job Reference
- Isleworth, Middlesex
- Job Description
- Post Code
- TW7 6AE
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Job Copy
Activities Coordinator - Up to £10 p/h
Charlotte House, Isleworth
- To maintain a stimulating programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
- Produce a weekly social events programme and ensure that it is advertised within the home.
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place within three weeks of the date of admission and reviewed regularly.
- To consult with and assess each resident in order to identify their social and recreational requirements according to their likes, dislikes, abilities and needs.
- To organise social and recreational events within and without the home.
- To assess on a regular basis the effectiveness of the programme of social events and recreational pursuits.
- To liaise and consult with relatives and other staff within the home when writing social care plans.
- To assess and evaluate social care plans on a monthly basis.
- To assist and support residents at meal times ensuring that the appropriate equipment is available and that the ambience is conducive to a relaxed environment.
- To liaise with the senior person in charge on a daily basis.
- To involve residents in social events organised by the local community and encourage community groups to have involvement in the life of the home.
- To ensure the spiritual and worship needs of residents are met.
- To build and maintain a suitable stock of social events and hobby equipment such as: craft materials, board games, jigsaws, cards, needlework, paints, etc.
- To provide inspiration resources and ideas to care staff for group and one to one social events.
- To maintain standards of infection control within the home and to assist residents to maintain their own infection control needs.
- To attend all statutory and mandatory training as required by the Company in order to fulfil your duties.
- To attend appropriate training courses and/or programmes to enhance personal and professional knowledge and skills.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a caring role or a similar background is required. You will need to have experience of looking after the Elderly.
- Mature, sensible outlook with common sense commitment, initiative and a desire to make the lives of elderly people better.
- Sense of Fun, Flexibility and ideas for things to do daily.
- NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or above (Adult) is preferred but not essential
- Where you'll work
We offer expert one to one care from our friendly and compassionate team.
Charlotte House is a modern, purpose-built care home in Isleworth in Middlesex, set close to West Middlesex University Hospital and the River Thames. We provide specialist nursing and respite care for older people who have Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia, and we also offer compassionate end of life care.
Our friendly and highly skilled team offers each resident one-to-one care in a relaxed, homely atmosphere. We have a great deal of experience in supporting individuals who have complex care needs arising from advanced dementia.
We work closely with residents and their families to develop personalised care plans that take into account each person’s experiences, interests and preferences – we find out about everything from what they do and don’t enjoy doing to the times they like to get up and go to bed.
We offer residents choices about how they want to be cared for and supported, and treat each person with dignity and respect. Everyone in our team shares the same goal of making sure that every resident leads a happy, comfortable and fulfilling life.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.