- Job Reference
- Hartlepool, Cleveland
- Job Description
- Post Code
- TS26 9LX
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Role Highlights
16.5 hours - £8.91 per hour + excellent benefits!
- Job Copy
Care UK is one of the UK’s leading providers of health and social care services. Join our Hotel Services team and you’ll be playing a vital part in making residents’ lives better on a daily basis.
Whatever role you take on, you’ll be working as part of a close-knit team to improve the daily lives of the people we care for. You’ll be dedicated to achieving the highest standards and to providing the ultimate in customer service. You will also be flexible, reliable and love working as part of a team.
As a Laundry Assistant you’ll launder and iron our residents’ clothing to the highest standards, putting it away tidily and ensuring wardrobes and drawers are always clean and neat.
- Carry out all cleaning duties as directed by the Head Housekeeper to the required Company standards. Cleaning duties can be in any area of the nursing home.
- Ensure that daily and deep cleaning schedules are adhered to.
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and hygiene.
- Ensure that all cleaning equipment is correctly and safely used and kept in a safe condition. Report any defect to the Home Manager.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions of the Home Manager.
- To be sensitive to the privacy and individual needs of the residents.
- To comply with COSHH regulations.
- To adhere to infection control polices at all times.
- To ensure the correct use of PPE.
- To follow the correct use of colour code systems within the home
- Carry out other ad hoc duties as requested by the Head Housekeeper or Home Manager.
- To ensure all necessary documentation is completed daily.
- To ensure trolley’s are re-stocked at the end of shift and cleaning cupboards are left clean and tidy
Skills & Experience
- Previous cleaning experience
- Ability to communicate on the telephone
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- A knowledge of health and safety
- An understanding of infection control
- Flexible and reliable attitude to working arrangements
- Committed to customer care and first class service provision
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Adaptable, friendly, polite, courteous and caring
- Basic education, including English and Maths
- Where you'll work
Elwick Grange is a modern, purpose-built home in a pleasant residential area close to Hartlepool town centre.
We offer a high standard of residential care for older people, including individuals with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia.
Elwick Grange has a very friendly, homely atmosphere. Some of our rooms even have their own front doors. Throughout the home you’ll find thoughtful touches which encourage residents to socialise with each other and enjoy their time with visitors. For example, we have a seating area in the foyer where many people like to gather and chat. We always have a warm welcome for residents' families and friends.
Care means everything to us at Elwick Grange and we support and encourage residents in whatever they'd like to do. Our approach focuses on each person as an individual – we make sure everyone has a say in their own care and we involve both residents and their loved ones in planning care and activities.
To help us get to know each resident, we work with them to compile a ‘life story book’ about their lifetime experiences, their hobbies and their interests. And all of the activities and outings we offer are based on what residents tell us they want to do.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.