- Job Reference
- Slough, Berkshire
- Job Description
- Post Code
- Min Pay Rate
- Max Pay Rate
- Shifts Available
- Bank Contract
- Role Highlights
*CARE PROVIDER OF THE YEAR 2022*
Care Assistant - Bank
We require you to have had both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to work in our care homes.
Oak House Care Home- Slough, SL2 4FA
Pay: from £9.50 (depending on qualification)
- Job Copy
If you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding job with excellent training and great opportunities, join Care UK and make a real difference.
Are you interested in gaining access to your wages as you work? Care UK has a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay and is one of the many reasons to join the Care UK family.
Care Assistants at Care UK come from all walks of life, healthcare, support work, domiciliary, hospitality, retail, education and many others. We are looking for caring people to join the Care UK team who share the same values as us: care, passion and teamwork. You will have a strong desire to help people and put the residents at the heart of everything you do.
New to Care?
We have our own Learning Academy to provide excellent training and induction programs for all new staff members, meaning we will give you all the tools and knowledge you need to have a successful career with us. Our high quality, innovative training and coaching will support the development of your skills throughout your career with us.
We see the potential in everyone, let us help fulfil yours.
Here's what you can benefit from working with Care UK:
- Wagestream – a money management app that gives you instant access to your pay
- Award Winning Care Provider (Residential Care Provider of the Year - Health Investor Awards 2022 & more)
- Long service awards
- Discounted gym membership
- Concerts for Carers (apply for free tickets to concerts at a various venues)
- Competitive refer a friend bonus
- GEM Awards - we recognise colleagues who go the extra mile
- Career development, training and access to our approved apprenticeship scheme
- Hundreds of online and in-store discounts
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Annual purchase holiday scheme
- Wellbeing support
- Pension contribution
- Free uniform
- Access to PPE
- Weekly Covid testing
What you’ll be doing:
- Helping residents to remain as active and independent as possible
- Respecting residents’ rights of choice, privacy and dignity
- Support residents with personal care and mealtimes.
- Working as part of a team to identify residents’ unique goals and implement personalised care plans.
- Working flexibly to help residents explore new interests, engage in physical activities, and make sure they enjoy themselves in a stimulating and homely environment.
So, if you're passionate, caring and looking for a rewarding career, please click the apply button to speak to one of our team for more information.
Fulfilling lives, fulfilling Careers
- Where you'll work
At Oak House, we offer a warm welcome together with high quality care for older people.
Set in a peaceful residential area of Slough, Oak House is a modern, purpose-built care home that opened in 2009. We provide personalised nursing, residential, and care to older people, including individuals with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. We also offer sensitive and supportive end of life care.
We place great importance on supporting residents to be as active and independent as possible. So we spend lots of time getting to know each person, so that we can offer engaging and fulfilling activities based on their interests. We love to see residents getting involved in our different clubs, keeping up with their old hobbies and trying out new things.
Our friendly team also enjoys building good relationships with residents' loved ones, who often come to think of us as part of their extended family. Everyone shares the same goal of making sure residents are happy, comfortable and settled.
Care UK is committed to ensuring that it employs people with the right mix of talent, skills and potential and will assess every applicant fairly regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age, physical/mental disability or offending background. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent you from working with us, it will depend on the nature of the role and background of any offence.